Monday 14 January 2019

Todber Manor Silvers, Saturday 5th January 2019

First match of 2019, 35 fishing this silvers match, I was hopeful of a decent draw, but I managed to pluck out 62 on Ash, end peg and apparently the shallowest peg on the lake, it was also the only one with a covering of cat ice before the start.

Plumbing up I could see that it may not be the ideal silvers peg in the cold weather, from about 10m out the peg shallows up, it also shallows up towards the end bank as you go to the left, so to get in the deepest water, I would have to fish 10m at the most, I did set up a rig to fish in the shallower water at 14m, but was doubtful it was right on the day.


I also set up a waggler, but that was pretty fruitless, there didn't seem to be any fish sat across the peg in the shallower water.

Not going to waffle on too long, it was a struggle, weighed 8lb odd, beating Dave Stockton to my right who had 6lb, at the end Nick Chedzoy said "I don't know why you bother to come and draw pegs like that".... I'm beginning to wonder myself if its worth the effort, time and cost!

No comments: