Sunday 4 April 2021

Open, Landsend, Easter Sunday 4th April 2021

 Landsend, polarizes my thoughts, love the tranquility of the place, hate my dismal record fishing it.  So with the new owner stamping his mark on it, I headed back, huge amount of work has been carried out, new paths, new platforms, restocking and much of the rampant foliage and arboreal incursions removed.

Was not thinking of any particular draw, so was fairly ambivalent when I saw 22 looking back at me on the swimcard, with my mate Paul on peg 24.  The venue is pole dominated, so that's all I took, a rig for across on the far shelf, two spots plumbed up at the same depth.  A rig for bottom of the shelf across, one for meat short, an edge rig and a silvers rig.

This is going to be another blog that is difficult to write anything meaningful, I started short on meat, the water was a bit clear, so it was without much conviction and I never had so much a liner there.  Had a look down the track on pellet and that was again, biteless.  Over onto the shelf, biteless and no indications, I got off my box and made up some GB and started a maggot GB/maggot line down the track, this saw a few small tench and crucians netted, but I was going nowhere fast.

The wind was horrendous, but it did drop for a short spell just before 14:00 and I had one carp across then, by now Paul on 24 was fishing for silvers, catching on pinkies, I didn't have any, so spent the last 90 minutes fishing 5 maggots down the edge for 4 more carp, 2 small F1's and 2 perch.  Didn't even bother the scales, not a great start back to match fishing.





No comments: