Sunday 7 November 2021

Ivy House Winter League. Sunday 7th November 2021

 Fished this as a stand in, I knew I'd be on either the Old Match Lake or Willow, OK with that.  Drew 26 on Willow,  I had a bad start as I'd pick up the wrong ready rod holdall in the garage and didn't realise until I opened it and found two lead rods and no waggler.  As it turned out, the wind probably meant I wouldn't use it to effect anyway.

Set up one of the bomb rods to fish bread at the start, also a dobbing rig to dob bread up the edge, neither of which produced a fish.  I had a spell catching small skimmers on soft pellet, but it seemed like there were no carp around, I did manage to get two decent carp up the edge in the last 20 minutes, far too little to late.

Another day of underachievement and I felt the draw had contributed, as a few commented that 26 hasn't featured for a while now.

No comments: