Sunday 14 November 2021

Teams of Three, R5, Shiplate Farm Sunday 14th November 2021

 My turn on match lake and amazingly I was handed 15, a peg I'd never seen before, but it is an end peg with a bit of space.

Approach was waggler and lead, with just a margin pole set up, as I felt an edge and a short line would be enough, with waggler being my main approach.  Simple bait tray, 6mm and 8mm pellets, a few expanders, meat and maggots.  I had time so I set up a method and did some micros. 

Started on popped up bread, didn't spend too long chucking it round the peg, thought the colour and the temperature would suit pellets and a bit of feed.  I pinged pellets on the waggler line and had a couple of fish, then the indications stopped, the fish were rolling past the marker board peg 15 can't fish past and no one on peg 0 to push them back my way.  The did come back and drift away again in spells, I had odd fish on the waggler and the lead.

I tried the method up the end bank, not as much as a liner, I'd fed a short line with meat, never had a bite on that and I did manage a low double down the edge on 8mm pellet with 30 minutes to go.  Frustratingly lost a double on the lead, the hooklength broke, just after landing another low double, so I can only assume it got damaged, that probaly cost me two places.

Enjoyable day on the waggler mainly, fed about 3/4 pint of pellets for 85.02 which was third on the lake and 4th overall, so frustratingly one out of the money, but a big improvement on the last four matches....

1. Joe McMahon 110.12 Main Lake 14

2. Russ peck 92.02 Main Lake 12

3. Paul Nichols 85.03 Westpool 5

4. Chris Fox 85.02 Main Lake 15

5. Brian Slipper 83.06 Main Lake 8

6. Steve Howell 77.11 Westpool 15

No comments: