Saturday 17 May 2014

MFS Match, Day Two. Viaduct, Saturday 17rh May 2014

Campbell for me today and a 114 comes out of the tin.   I would have preferred one at the car park end, but there are usually a few fish to be caught from most pegs on Campbell.  The criisers were evident on Cary again, but not evident in the pegs on the Cary bank of Campbell.  Again as there was time I set up a waggler and lead rod, but not with much expectation of using or catching on them.

Four pole rigs, a shallow/mugging rig, a short meat rig, a pellet on the deck rig and a margin rig, to fish back in towards the empty 113.  As there were still no visible cruisers on the all in, I started on 6mm pellet on the deck at 14.5m, this produced a couple of liners and a couple of foul hookers, before a switch to 8mm on the hook saw two more netted, borh hooked in the mouth.  There was an occasional swirl, so out with the shallow rig, but it always felt as though all the slapping was in vain, so I didn't keep it up too long.

There were a couple of round patches of bubbles in the feed area and I wondered if the fish might follow a lump of paste down and take it, so I knocked up some paste and a paste rig.  I fished it for 3/4 of an hour ro give it a proper chance, all this time I didn't have a bite on it, so what with that and having ro walk back to the car park ro use the loo, a wasted hour.

By now I was peetty fed up, hayfever season has started and I get ir pretty badly, it makes me short tempered, especially with myself when things don't go right.  A look on the sort meat line peoduced a fish, but it was a one off, no queue of fish waiting to get caught.  Then my number 4 section rolled into the lake, back to the car park again, sandals and shorts on and into the lake to recover it.  This after I had managed to pull a B911XS  14 into the base of my finger, this was now throbbing and swelling and several other minor niggles that all contributed to my losing the plot.  Not one of the smoothest and most accomplished displays of angling you'll ever see!!

Surely by now the margin would be heaving....... after I had pulled my self together, I had fed it with groundbait and maggot, taking 5 or 6 fish up to low doubles, before the maggot hookbait was held up in the top 6" of water by tiny roach.   A switch to pellet saw the bait get to the bottom and the carp return, the margin only really produced for the last 40 or 50 minutes, which was a shame, as even though my frustrating day was a blow out, my 122lb was 10lb short of picking up some section money, now I rue that wasted hour messing about with paste.

1: Pete Bailey 283.11 peg 86
2: Roy Worth 199.04 peg 81
3: Fred Roberts 192.00 peg 125
4: Ken Rayner 191.03 peg 94
5: Neil Morgan 181.00 peg 118
6: Mark Poppleton 167.05 peg 112

Silvers

1: Martin Fisher 73.01
2: Dan White 40.00 peg 97

No comments: