Saturday 17 May 2014

MFS Two Day Match, Viaduct, Friday 16th May 2011

31 Fishing this two day match, Cary and Campbell, open draw then fish the other lake Saturday.

In to the tub and out comes 74, walking down to the peg I was greeted by the sight of cruising Carp, so at least there were some fish in the area.  I set up a waggler and a lead, really just because I had time, a rig to fish shallow/mug the fish, a rig to fish pellet on the deck, a meat rig and a rig to fish down the margin.

On the all in I started by trying to catch the cruisers and had some immediate success, putting the best part of 45lb in the net in the first 25 minutes.  I had no one directly opposite me and the angler on 105 wasn't mugging or fishing long, so the fish pushed across and I had to wait for them to drift back, before getting another one.  A 13m pellet line towards the overhanging tree branches produced a couple of smaller fish, before a switch to meat saw a couple more fall to the mugging rig.

I had one short on meat, but the fish were keener to be basking in the sun, than rooting around the bottom for food, the short meat line produced one other fish.  The margin to the RH side appeared to be devoid of fish, I didn't have a bite there, but the Lh margin down to the pallet of 75 produced a couple of fish up to 15lb.

With 20 minutes to to I borrowed another keepnet, this proved to be the kiss of death, only adding two small eels to the silvers net, which contained a hybrid which must have been getting on for 4lb, taken down the margin.

My fish went 175.12 for third overall, so an enjoyable day.

1: Dan White 291.11. Peg 110
2: Fred Roberts 199.04 peg 77
3: Chris Fox 175.12 peg 74
4: Ben Hagg 169.06 peg 132
5: S. White 143.13 peg 80
6: Nick Merry 143.12 peg 116

Silvers

1: Steve M 50.07 peg 99
2: Alex Murray 45.12 peg 123

No comments: