Monday 6 September 2021

Teams of Three, R1, Shiplate Sunday 5th September.

 I said I'd fish this a while back, wasn't sure what the set up was, I just knew I was fishing of one of the two Landsend teams entered.  Turns out I was in Landsend B with Steve Segar and Rod Wootten.

The draw gave me the longest walk on the complex, 15 on Westpool.  I left the waggler and feeder rods in the van.  Given its an end peg I was expecting to catch a few off to my left, although the wind had been pushing up the other end for a week or more, but surely there would be a few hungry residents.....

Rig for across with banded pellet, meat down the track, shallow rig, margin rig for the LH edge and a shallower one for the RH edge and end bank.  Started across and had 3 fish for just over 20lb in the first three put ins, I was starting to think this might be a good day.  The fish had other ideas, the bites dried up and I had to nick an odd fish from across, one from the RH margin, two from the LH margin and one from the end bank, it was a proper struggle, not much more to say.  My 51.05 was enough for 3rd on the lake, as a team we were joint first on points, but lost out on weight.






No comments: