Wednesday 21 January 2015

Viaduct Teams of 5, Round One. Sunday 18th January 2015

It was good to get back to the pre-match atmosphere and banter of a big match, I had been thinking positive thoughts all week and imagining the tip going round.......

As soon as Mike Walker came back with the team draw, I knew that my dreams were like.y to have disintegrated and become a nightmare, peg 9 - certainly one of the pegs that everyone was hoping to avoid. We had Paul on 118 and Glenn on 85, potentially the best two draws in the team, Mike had also picked himself a toughie, 46 and Freddo on 24.

I set up a waggler, a straight lead and a 3 pole rigs, it was as expected a mind numbing experience, nothing on the lead / bread for 1/2 an hour, when Tony Rixon on 11 had a carp on the waggler. A swap to this with corn, was also biteless, but I hooked into a fish winding back in over my pole line at 14m.  I slipped a couple of maggots on and cast the waggler over the pole line, a 1lb or so skimmer was soon in the net.  A bit of a false dawn, I switched to the pole and had a couple of smaller skimmers, Glyn Reynolds on 10 was having the odd skimmer on a GB feeder, but with ones and two's of carp caught, my only option was to sit it out on the lead, one bite  a skimmer on double corn, nothing else, not even a liner.

The sun was a bastard all day, couldn't see any colour float or even where the lead was landing, just glad I'd brought a flask, at least pouring coffee broke the monotony.  My meagre collection of skimmers went 5.06.

The team result was a disaster, last but one on the day, Glenn on 85 weighed more than the rest of the team added together, one to forget.


No comments: