Sunday 17 February 2019

Viaduct Winter League Round 4, Sunday 17th February 2019

After the last round, when 60% of the field, including me, blanked, today had to be better.  Well you'd have thought so, until I went into the draw tin and pulled out 11 again, the same pegs as last round, this put Mark Broomsgrove on 125, Rich A'Herne on 90, Paul Faiers on 61, Glenn Calvert on 38 and me on 12.

Mark would hopefully get a few silvers on 125, Rich should get some carp up the edge on 90, Paul should catch skimmers and hopefully carp on 61, wasn't sure about Glenn on 38, but I was sure he'd catch, especially when I walked past and was amazed to see how much more colour there was in the water this week .  For me, 12 was going to be a struggle, its in with pegs 6 and 20 as those you don't want to draw on this lake.....

I really wasn't confident of catching a carp, but did set up a waggler for corn and a bomb, to have a chuck round the peg with bread at the start and meat later on.  A silvers waggler and 3 silvers rigs, these being the same rigs s I used last Thursday at Plantation.  I was next to Fred Roberts again, but he was on 13 and had the corner to fish into, so I was sure he'd catch carp.

Not much point rambling on about this match, I had a few on the waggler, but nearly all my fish fell to the light strung out rig fishing pinkie or a single flouro maggot, one perch around the 1lb mark, the rest were roach and rudd from 0.5-1.5oz, just couldn't find any quality.

I beat 10 on the lake to get 11 points from 18 - I can't be too disappointed at that, its the best return of points from that peg so far this league, but it would be nice to get a decent draw next round and catch a few carp.....

Team wise we ended 6th on the day, so really need an outstanding round next time to sneak into the frame.

Team Positions Today:
1. Guru Viaduct - 72
2. Spotted Fin - 70
2. Thatchers Vets - 70
4. Team Amigos - 59
5. PI Thatchers - 56
6. 2nd Time Lucky - 53
7. Moaning Maggots - 52
8. M5 Angling - 49
9. Garbolino BVMG - 46
10. Colmic SW - 45
11. Viaduct All Stars - 43
12. Balti Boys - 42
13. Team Keyford - 41
14. Future Networks - 37
15. Wyvern Anglers - 33
16. Silverfox - 32
17. Fishing Tackle Warehouse - 31
18. PR Floats - 23





No comments: