Monday 12 August 2019

Ivy House Open, Sunday 28th July 2019

Heron for this open, I drew peg two and decided that fishing the method across would be the right approach and it would be a bit of a learning opportunity.

Well, it was a frustrating day, I had plenty of fish across, was getting bites, they were taking the pellet out of the band, if I did hook them I was bumping them, they were coming off and I was pulling my hair out.  I tried different hook sizes, different hook patterns, switch from a method to a pellet feeder and it was the same result every time.

I had persevered for the best part of 4 hours, trying to work it out, I'm sure someone who fishes the method regularly would have worked out how to catch them, but I gave up.

Last 2 hours were spent down the edge to the RH side, fishing maggots over GB and I started catching well, but too late to catch up, maybe I should have just done that all match, well beaten off the next peg by Baggy, who fished paste shallow, one to forget really.


No comments: