Saturday 21 September 2019

Viaduct Open, Saturday 14th September 2019

This match was planned for Campbell lake, but Campbell was given a rest and the match moved to Lodge.
I had come prepared for carp, so was a bit stumped when I drew a good silvers peg in the shape of 69. I had only brought 6/8mm Burt Baits polony pellets and meat, so an attack on the skimmers was not really on the cards.
I set up a waggler, and 3 topkits, one to fish meat short, and one for pellet at 8m and 14m and an edge rig.  The Carp were reluctant to feed, cruising round in the mid September sunlight, I won't go into the boring details, but I managed 6 for about 60lb, not enough to bother the top two who came from the peags at the river end of the lake.

It was a lovely day and regardless of the result, I enjoyed sitting there in the sun, listening to the Test Match on the radio and making the most of the T shirts weather, as ot won't be long before the windstoppers and thermals come out.

1. Dave Cockayne - 100lb 14oz - peg 66
2. Steve Denmead - 94lb 9oz - peg 64
3. Adam Mitchell - 92lb 2oz - peg 59

No comments: