Saturday 29 February 2020

Todber Manor Winter League R3, Sunday 23rd February 2020

It was my turn to be on Whitepost for this round, so as I have only fished it once before I relied on those more knowledgeable to fill me in, damage limitation was the advice, not a good peg.

Just for a change it was muddy, windy and far from ideal conditions, but it's the same for everyone, so no point moaning (well, not too much...).

Wind was left to right and I felt about 8m was the limit I could sensibly fish, so no longer than that set up, a lead rod to fish bread and a maggot feeder rod.

I am not going to say to much on this blog, really struggled, had 49lb on my clicker at the end and weighed 49.08, so the best bit of the day was my clicking....

I had tried the bread, maggot feeder and switched to a small pellet feeder - never had a bite on any of them, not even a liner, which makes me think there weren't too many fish there, not sure what else I could have done, frustrating when that happens, but sometimes I just think the head of fish aren't in front of you.

The fish I caught were all at 8m on maggot, except one lonesome fish in the LH margin (which meant fishing over a small point to my left.

A day to forget, I can't say I learnt a lot or really had any idea how I could change things next time and I only beat two on the toplake.

Onwards and upwards...

No comments: