Thursday 15 May 2008

March

With the weather still poor, March saw me missing a couple of matches as I worked instead and the main thrust of my efforts was to prepare for the Kev Perry series on Bullock Farm, which was run by Paul Faiers and myself.

March 23rd was the first in the six match series, all seemed to be going to plan, we pegged out, had one of Bullock Farm's hearty breakfasts and all competitors were paid up and ready for the draw. Paul and myself had our pegs drawn for us and even though it was by two different anglers, at different times of the draw, we ended up pegged next to each other A3 & A2 (Rushcombe) respectively.
A bad start for both of us, 7th and 8th in the section.

March 30th saw round two of the series, again the draw took place after a hearty breakfast and once again Paul and myself were drawn next to each other, again by different anglers at different stages of the draw. We knew we'd be in B section, as the sections rotate after the first 'free draw'.
We struggled for fish, Paul managing 0.900 KG and I found a couple of extra fish on bread punch to weigh 1.970 Kg, a slight improvement on the previous week as I was 5th in the section and Paul 6th, but by now the chance of winning the series was already slipping away.

No comments: