Tuesday 14 February 2012

Plantation Lakes Sunday 12th February 2012

Another short and sweet post, I arrived at Plantation and had a walk round the lake, some was frozen quite heavily, some was clear of ice completely and some had thin ice that would be troublesome, too thin to cut properly and it would float about once disturbed. Peg 1 was troubled by this and I mentioned I wouldn't fancy it.

So into the hat and out pops peg 1, I set up 3 top kits, one for th margins although I was very sceptical that I'd catch there and two for as far as I could clear the ice, 14.5m, one with a 20 on 0.10 under a small preston float whose name eludes me and another with a 22 on 0.08 under a sensas wire stemmed Auchy pencil float.

I started on bread punch, feeding half a thimble full of likky, when it became obvious that this wouldn't work I tried dripping a couple of pinkies in and fishing pinkie on the hook. I went down to 0.05 and a 26, still no bites. I tried a bit of groundbait, as I'd walked up to Faiersy and he had caught on pinkie over groundbait, although he was on peg 7.
 I also set up a lead rod when the ice started to melt and had a chuck around the peg with various baits, once again nothing. Mike Owens opposite me also struggled, but he did avoid the blank, whereas on the next peg (the point) round from Mike, Rod 'venue master' Wootton was catching skimmers regularly.


Try as I might, I could not get any indication that there was a fish in the peg, so first blank for a long time.

The weights from pegs that made fishing near the centre of the lake weren't too bad, a couple of low 30's one of which was Rod Wootton with 31lb odd of skimmers, several high 20s also featured, although I didn't get the final result.





Looking forward to the series on Plantation / Acorn, we have decided to lower the entrance to £50, as many are tightening their belts in the current financial climate. Details below, if anyone is interested in fishing, contact myself or Paul Faiers.




Series of Six Matches
Pole Only
Plantation & Acorn Lakes, Kingston Seymour, Somerset

A new series of six matches, 30 pegs, pole only. Best 5 from 6 results to count towards the final result. Result decided by section points and in the event of a tie, total weight.

If sold out, there will be 2 x sections of 10 on Plantation Lake and one section of 10 on Acorn Lake. The draw will rotate after the first and fourth matches, so you will fish Plantation four times and Acorn twice. The first three matches are on the Match Lake at Plantation, the last three on Horseshoe Lake. (Four of the matches at Acorn will be on Paddock, two on the small lake).

Entry fee is £50, pools are £20 per match and the last match pools of £20 must be paid up front with the entry fee. Payout on the day will be (with 10 per section fishing), £70 for section winner and £50 for second in section.  £50 for section silvers winner and £30 for section silvers second. There will be no overall payout on the day. (This will obviously be amended if the numbers are less)

Payout for the Series Overall Winners will be confirmed once final number of anglers is known, all monies paid back out except peg fees.



Dates: (All Sundays)

26th Feb 2012, 1st April 2012, 15th April 2012. 29th April 2012, 20th May 2012 and 3rd June 2012.

To enter, contact either, Paul Faiers or Chris Fox.

4 comments:

Rod Wootten said...

to be fair Chris both you and Mike never really stood a chance once the ice breakers started going in, all fish spooked to island cover and the wide water and you know yourself they wont come back in the winter. The final result was me 31lb 2nd Brian 29lb and 3rd Lance 28lb after that i cant remember.

Fishingken said...

Chris, interested in the Pole series, although likely to miss the last match since it clashes with the 2nd round of Tonys Float only

Chris Fox said...

Ken, you can ring Paul on 01275 858984 for all the deatails or to book in.

Fishingken said...

cheers