Thursday 2 February 2012

Trinity Waters, Avon Angling Open, Wednesday 1st February 2012

This is going to be short and sweet. What was a venue that has been pretty kind to me, seems to have turned against me in 2012, last match pegs 15 - 19 struggled and where did I draw today......17

I wasn't too confident, but the wind was off my back, maybe the fish would have moved, I set up a waggler, a margin rig and a 1g jolly to fish at 14.5m. Bait tray consisted of maggots, casters, corn, micros and Devils Spawn.

I started on the waggler, after feeding a few micros and 3 grains of corn at 14.5m, I had a couple of roach, but they were 20 to the pound fish, so onto the Devils Spawn over the micros. That produced nothing, I didn't have a bite from the margin, on either the usual banker corn or maggot.

I ended the match with a headache from the blinding sun and 5lb of roach, pegs at the top end of the lake once again being well and truly beaten by those further down the lake.

I didn't get the weights, Tony Rixon won the match from peg 7, I think Tom Magnall was 2nd from 9. Eddie Wynne 3rd  from 11. See Tonys blog for the full results and information on how to draw the right area and then catch fish!!!

No comments: