Monday 29 June 2015

The missing blogs....

Five matches not blogged, just really couldn't muster the enthusiasm to write about what were essentially, with one exception, a continuation of the poor form I have been suffering at Viaduct.

First one was Landsend, in Tony's Float Only series, feeling reasonably confident after a section win from a poor draw in the first round, I was less than pleased to see peg 29 on the Specimen lake in my hand after the draw.  It was dire in the winter and had it still been winter, the gear would not have come out of the van, but with unusual optimism, I went to the peg hopeful that the warm water would see the fish moving round.

I was right, they were moving round, tight to the far bank, resulting in a torrid hour of foul hookers, before 5 hours of boredom, not a fish apart from some big roach and the very odd skimmer to be caught short.  I ended the day last in the section and tipped back about 35lb to save the scalesmen a job. 

Next up was a trip to Woodland View, first time there, Trigger came with me and we were practising for the Fisho the next day.  A low turnout for this match saw us all on Back Dean's, with Trigger getting an end peg and I was next to him, but 3 pegs away - we all had a lot of space!!  Tricky day, mugging was the only effective way to catch and Trig smashed it up with 171lb, I was second with 75lb.

Next day back to Woodland View with Trig and we both drew on Front Deans an end peg or a peg with space was needed, we had neither and came home empty handed, the pegging is horrendously tight up there with all the pegs in, I can't see me bothering with Fisho's or MMT again, unless I get a drawing arm transplant.

Onto the MMT at Viaduct, I drew peg 28, the last peg up the leg in front of the lodges, afterwards Tony Rixon said he was surprised I even went to it, i did so in the forlorn hope of regaining my £70 outlay with a section win.  Two bites, one fish and an early bath with 3/4 of an hour to go, home and a night out with Miss Stella Artois was in order......

Not too many dalliances with Stella, as it was up the next morning and back to Viaduct for the last round of the Spring league, with everyone wanting to avoid Cary, I was pleased to see Campbell on my draw, 127, not the best peg on the lake, but should be worth a few fish.  How wrong can you be, a real struggle, I weighed 55lb, with Luke on 126 weighing 66lb, apart from a DNW on 111, I think we were last and last but one on the lake.  Really not sure what has gone so disastrously wrong on this league, as I finished with a full hand of last in sections, I could never have imagined that at the start of the league.

So a fairly dire run, lets hope some settled weather, the elongated spawning season and my drawing arm change things going forward.


1 comment:

Bristol Psv said...

I've got one of these "slit your wrists" updates hanging around as a draft somewhere, haven't finished the first sentence yet!