Sunday 26 May 2019

Acorn Evening Open, Thursday 23rd May 2019

After a win and a couple of framing places in last years evening matches, I was looking forward to this.
Into the ping pong bag and out comes ball number 40, not the peg I would have chosen, especially tonight as the wind was putting a nice ripple on most pegs, but not 40.  It was flat calm and had some stale looking surface flotsam, along with two dead carp and 5 dead perch floating round in it.  The wind was just enough to skim the surface towards the bridge, where it all stopped as the bridge is in the water.



It's only 13m across and with a nice shelf I expected to catch carp over against the bank, staring on 6mm banded Burt feed pellets, I did have one carp, but no other signs, I was getting bites, but it was from these..


I was fearing the worst and it took until the last 20 minutes before I started catching carp, shallow down the track, I chucked back 30lb and headed straight home, couldn't even face staying for the free cider and hotdogs!

Well done to those who caught and framed.



No comments: