Tuesday 20 July 2021

Tony Rixon's Short Pole League, R3, Trinity Waters, Sunday 11th July 2021

 Some trepidation after the really tough round here a fortnight ago when I had only 4 bites all match.   To widen my options this round I brought casters, maggots and worms, to widen my options, rather than gambling all out on carp.  The next important thing was top draw one of the pegs with space or an empty peg next to it -  failed miserably on that account drawing 11, nicely surrounded.

Started on paste, as that is probably the best chance of picking up an early 'mug' fish, it paid off with a double figure mirror after about 20 minutes, next drop in hooked another good one and was only slightly frustrated when it came off at the net...... that could be costly.

I fed my catch all line and pretty much stayed there all day, catching an odd skimmer and 3 more carp on worms to end up with 44lb and a section win - happy with that as I really don't feel I could compete with the pegs that had space.





No comments: