Thursday 2 September 2021

Viaduct Costcutter, Thursday 2nd September 2021

 Just getting a feel of the place again before my two dayer, tomorrow and Saturday.  Into the coffee tin early and pulled out 118, not the worst peg on the lake.

I had pellets and meat, no other baits, set up a lead rod that went away at the end, unused.  A waggler rod and topkits for the margin, meat short, pellet long up and down and a light strung out rig for skimmers if needed.

Started short on meat, bt slow a couple of skimmers and a perch.  Not many carp being caught on the pegs I could see, so went out to 9m and the strung out rig, had a couple of skimmers but more carp were evident, as I had a couple and lost a couple of foulers.

I ended up rotating between the waggler, the meat line and the margin, although that was pretty unproductive, just two carp, although they went about 19lb between them.  Couldn't get any line to really switch on and inevitably, just as I though I had, it would die off and I would have to switch.

Enjoyable day with just over 100lb of carp and 35lb of skimmers, which was enough for 3rd over all and 2nd in silvers.  lets hope I'm thereabouts at this time tomorrow night....



No comments: