Saturday 23 April 2022

Acorn Spring League, Saturday 23rd April 2022

 After a section win last time, I was looking not to slip up today to get a good start, I drew 40, a bridge peg and one that is a unpredictable, sometimes winning the section with ease, sometimes struggling.

Simple approach, hard pellets across to the island, hard pellets for down the track by the third stanchion and maggots short by the first stanchion and the obligatory margin rig.  After last Monday, I did have a little bit of paste and set up a paste rig as a throwaway line off to my right.

Started by the third stanchion on hard 6mm pellet, had a couple for fish straight away, small ones, but it's not unusual for the bridges to hold the smaller carp, had another then it died off.

A switch to the island and hard pellet was, just as last Monday, a waste of time, as was the times I looked down the margin so no more about that.

I spent a large part of the match fishing maggots short to the first bridge stanchion catching tench, skimmers and carp.  I fed a line off to my right with pellets and saw some fizzing, tried a couple of times over that with paste (and worms), with just one small carp (probably just shy of a pound) on paste.

Last 45 minutes I had some fish on pellets back out to the third stanchion, I'd clicked 60lb and had some silvers, when a couple of the guys walked up to me after and said "you've got 90lb"  I did laugh and was proven right, carp went 60lb and silvers 10lb for a second in section , to Joe's 103lb on peg 31.

Still in the running after two rounds, but there are some draws to avoid....




 

No comments: