Saturday 1 August 2020

Ivy House Open, Saturday 1st August 2020

Back to Ivy house for this open on the canals,  fancied a day fishing for silvers, but it would depend on the draw.  43, I'd have preferred a lower number for skimmers, but there is always a chance of some.

My approach doesn't alter much, two lines down the track, one fed with GB/dead maggots, one with 4mm and micro pellets, a line tight across, a line at the bottom of the near shelf and an edge line.  Fed the lines down the track and the short line, before venturing across at 16m, this was as most pegs, deeper than I'd like and there wasn't much action across.

Some blows on the GB line and switching between this and the short line I managed a few skimmers, but it was slow and I was sure I wasn't catching at a rate fast enough to trouble to silvers payout.  I had been pinging a few pellets across and could see some carp moving around, now the minimum depth has been dropped from 12" to 6" I shallowed up to 6" and went across, had a several fish doing this. before hooking a root and losing the rig, set another rig up, but the moment was lost and I couldn't get the fish back.

I could see to my left that there were some fish being caught at 2+2 on paste, I didn't have any, so with an hour to go stated a line there feeding and fishing 6mm pellet, this was a good move and I should have done it 5 minutes sooner, as I ended up one out of the money and missed out on a lake win by 1.07, shame, but I was happy with the way I fished, just a slight matter of timing.

Looking forward to coming back here, its really enjoyable fishing, Andy and Karen are making Ivy House a fishery that is in my top three to want to visit.


No comments: