Sunday 2 August 2020

Tony Rixon's Float Only, Landsend, Sunday 2nd August 2020

 Another float only match, in what should have been Tony's league, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Landsend, I love the peace and quiet of it, no roads nearby, no people walking round, its idyllic as I do like some peace and quiet whilst fishing.  The hate side (and hate isn't really the word, its more frustration) is that I don't feel its managed as well as it could be, the vegetation needs cutting back, so you can fish to islands and to enable getting in close enough in the margins and the fish stocks (particularly silvers) aren't what they once were.

Maybe the new owner, Darts player Gary Anderson will get the gardening done, I hear tales of fish coming in the autumn (and its certainly not the time of year to be stocking) and hopefully it will get back to the fishery it was. 

I drew 36 on Specimen lake I though it might be hard, especially with 35 and 37 in, although, on all the lakes here having too much space can be a hindrance as the fish back off into the gaps.  I was in danger of feeling a bit wobbly on my platform, as I 'don't do heights' and the picture shows that with the water levels low, I was a fair way off the water.



Didn't have more than a couple of water anywhere in the peg, so set up to fish pellet across, expanders and micros 2/3 across and meat short.


Started on meat, but nothing, it took me nigh on three hours to get a fish over, then on the next peg the anglers pole came apart and a fish was towing his top 5 around, managed to hook his elastic and get it out for him - well it was more exciting than the fishing...

I did have 3 carp in twenty minutes across, and then the guy on 37 went home (don't blame him, the pub was tempting me!!) the fish then did what they do and backed off into the vacant peg, I never had another over, I did get 2 F1's and a carp on meat, but by the end my heart and soul wasn't in it.....





No comments: