Sunday 23 October 2011

Viaduct/Street Angling Open. Sunday 23rd October 2011

I'd booked into an open on Match Lake, it turned out that Street Angling could muster 9 names for their match on Cary, so the 9 booked into Viaduct were merged into one match on Cary. I knew this on Saturday after the silvers final, but decided to have a day on Cary, perhaps with hindsight, I should have stayed in bed!!

My Viaduct drawbag luck seems to have deserted me, its the one venue I seem to draw some decent pegs, although that fact is currently under threat. Peg 76 thrust it self into my left handed draw - gawd knows why I did a left handed draw,  I can never recall doing it before - bugger, the last time I drew it, I didn't have a fish for 4 hours!!

I decided to try 4 lines, a straight lead line at 25-30m, a pole line at 14,5m for 6 or 8mm pellet, a 7m line for caster over groundbait and a margin line for perch. I fed the 7m line with groudbait CW&C at the start, then chucked the lead (unfortunately the wind was making this one of the only serious options - the other being the very short pole). I had a carp after 8 mins on the lead and had hopes that it was my turn to be the one who says at the end of the match "it just kept going round", alas it wasn't to be, that was the only bite I had from a carp all day.

I had a serious attempt to win some money by fishing for silvers and that was a dismal failure - I struggled for bites, although knowing that only 6.14 came off the peg yesterday in the silvers final, I wasn't brimming with confidence. The skimmers just didn't feed, it was hard work to put together 8.07 for second in the silvers, one out of the money!! Looks like the fish are moving to their winter quarters.......

1) Mark Wynne 212.03 peg 86
2)Mark leahy 124.11 peg 85
3) Dave Romain 144.08 peg 97
4) Dick Bull 104.12 peg 78
5) S Denmead 97.12 peg 99
6) R Walters 95.06 peg 103

1) S Denmead 10.05 peg 99
2) Chris Fox 8.07 peg 76
3) Dave White 6.14 peg 88

No comments: