Wednesday 5 September 2012

Trinity, wildmarsh. Sunday 2nd Sept 2012

Seems like ages since I last fished, I think I seriously underestimated the amount of work that needed doing when we moved, but its getting there now, I'm hoping, it will be finally finished by Xmas, so back to normal next year.

I came with the intention of fishing for silvers and wasn't too disappointed with peg 30, I set up a waggler, a pole rig to fish soft pellet and a margin rig. There was a bit of blowing at 25 yards or so out, so I did set up a feeder and had a few chucks with it, but not so much as a liner, so that went up the bank.

I fed a line at 13m with some micros and softened 4mm pellets, this produced a decent skimmer, but bites weren't very forthcoming, I could see Tony Rixon, Mike West and Tom Thick all catching on the opposite bank, so jumped off my box and set up a paste rig. That brought another decent skimmer, there was much blowing and fizzing, but the float remained motionless for long, long, spells. A very lively carp then took the paste and after a long tussle, shed the hook at the net, so much for that.

A look on the short line brought a run of roach to caster and another line at 20 yards off to my left produced some decent roach on the waggler and caster, but they wouldn't stay and feed, one or two fish and then nothing, until the line had been rested. The margin only saw one fleeting bit of action, the float buried with two worms under it and a carp (probably fouled) ran off until the No16 elastic bottomed out and the hook pulled.

A tench and some more roach ( and one more lost carp) on the short line concluded my day and I should have fished for silvers all day, as my 15lb was enough for 3rd in silvers.
 
1.      Adrian Clark 63-05-0 peg Island 10
2.      Steve Segar 56-03-0 peg 39
3.      Alan Oram 53-14-0 peg Island 3
4.      Mike West 39-03-0 peg 59
5.      Tony Rixon 35-04-0 peg 60
6.      Tom Thick 31-12-0 peg 57
 
Silvers:
 
1.      Tom Thick 19-05-0 peg 57
2.      Nick Collins 17-02-0 peg 19
3.      Chris Fox 15-0-0 peg 30

No comments: