Tuesday 25 September 2012

Viaduct Silvers League, Sunday 23rd September

Well, I'd been looking forward to this, treated myself to another nice breakfast in the Bear, in Street. I must admit I was pretty deflated once I saw peg 74 staring at me as I opened the swimcard. It must be one of the shallowest pegs on the lake and with the easterly wind and rain blowing straight into it, I just knew it would be hard going.
I set up 4 rigs, one for perch/tench in the margin, a rig to fish to hand, although I did think that was a bit too optimistic, and a couple of rigs for 6m and 11m.

I struggled to get anything but the odd roach and tiny skimmer, trying lines with and without groundbait, with and without worm and maggot only. A perch and two hybrids which together went 5 -6lb made up the bulk of the weight I achieved, which I assume was last in section, 10.7.

Can't really be arsed to write anymore about what should have been an enjoyable day ruined by the draw and weather.

No comments: