Monday 18 May 2015

MFS Two Dayer, Day One, Viaduct. Friday 15th May 2015

With the lessons from yesterday lodged in the grey matter, I was looking forward to this couple of days, some good banter and good fishing were in prospect.  The draw on the first day was an open draw and I found myself heading to 123, I have only drawn it once before, last years MMT and there weren't many fish there then.

I set up a rig for 5m to fish meat, a rig at 14m to fish pellet and a rig to fish 13m down the edge towards the corner.  I also set up a lead rod, that was packed away at the end, unbent by a fish.
The lake started off fishing slowly, I had an early fish on the short meat line, the long pellet line produced only one fish and a couple more back on the short meat line, but it wasn't really happening. 

With less than half the match gone I looked down the edge, feeding and fishing 8mm pellet, I had three quick fish, not the usual size of the edge dwellers, before switching to feeding groundbait and maggot.  This brought an instant response and a run of fish, before the line went quiet. Another fish off the 5m line helped to rest the margin and it switched back on, this was repeated twice more before the all out, I thought I had about 160lb, the scales once again proving my estimating skills are in need of polishing, as they gave me 183.06, which was good enough for the section win, second on lake and third overall, so something to fish for on Saturday.

1: Ben Hagg 224.15 peg 135
2: Mark Poppleton 200.15  peg 81
3: Chris Fox 183.06 peg 123
4: Fred Roberts 176.04 peg 115
5: Pellet King 174.14 peg 118
6: 76 Trombones 160.00 peg 131

Silvers
1: S White 30.00 peg 78

No comments: