Sunday 25 June 2017

Cadbury Angling Evening Open, Thursday 22nd June 2017

Another Thursday I managed to get off work early enough to get to Acorn for the 5pm draw.  I wasn't too bothered where I drew and after a chat with Paul Faiers, it was into the ping pong bag and out come 4. Given last weeks result, I wasn't too unhappy with  the draw.

As I have caught mostly across in the previous matches, that was my line of attack and I cleared out two areas to target, they plumbed up nicely, with about 12" of water.  I did set up a margin rig just in case and then had enough tie to set up one for the other side, so pellets down LH edge, maggot RH side.

It started OK, catching across and I had 4 or 5 fish in the first half an hour, but instead of getting stronger as in previous weeks, it died off.  There were a few fish moving about, but I couldn't catch shallow, even though there was a breeze my peg was flat calm which didn't help.

Feeding the edges brought fish in, but I only had a couple, the maggot in the RH edge only produced a little perch, the pellet in the RH margin had them in there churning it up and I just could not work out how to get them to take a bait, very frustrating, spent too much time doing this, but when they are so visibly tail waving, they are hard to ignore.  Got a couple of ideas to try out next time this happens, so fingers crossed at least one idea works.


1st. Tim Whitchurch  92lb 9oz Peg 21...
2nd. Mark Bromsgrove 77lb 8oz Peg 11
3rd. Ivan Currie 70lb 12oz Peg 33
4th. Adriano Mercato  59lb 5oz Peg 2
5th. Chris Fox 59lb 1oz Peg 4
6th. Toby Parker 50lb 12oz Peg 38

No comments: