Friday 9 June 2017

Viaduct Spring League, Round Four, Sunday 4th June 2017

This won't be a long blog, the league was already blown, so a draw with a chance of framing was needed, peg 59 wasn't likely to offer that.  The closest peg to the aerator and whilst it has been on a while, I would prefer it to be off during a match (from a personal point of view, if its beneficial for the fish, then so be it).

I set up waggler - to no avail, it was trotting through the peg faster than a peg at Newbridge in the summer.... A lead, I will admit to 5 minutes on it, before my boredom threshold set in and upmthe bank it went.

Next peg, Andy Power was catching a few skimmers, so off my box and a lighter rig and elastic set up, I did have a couple, but Andy was catching best off to his right at towards the empty 61.  Now I am not going to say I am anywhere near the standard of a professional angler like Andy, but it seemed to me, the further to the right he went - away from the aerator - the more skimmers he caught.

I was struggling to catch skimmers, indeed I was struggling to catch anything, so onto the paste out by the tree, a 12lb fish fell to to this first drop in, he was a loner, the only one from there.

To cut a boring tale short, I weighed 66lb for a convincing last but one in section, the aerator did it for me, maybe that's a failing, if so, so be it.

Results on viaduct FB page

No comments: