Saturday 12 September 2020

Open, Viaduct, Saturday 12th September

 Phil Hardwick ran this open, it's getting difficult to get on opens on Viaduct now, real shame as it's one of my favourite venues.

Well when 126 was drawn from me, I was divided in my thoughts, I'd seen Andy Lloyd win the second day of my two dayer from there last week but not having 125 makes a big difference and 125 was in today.


I set up a meat rig for 5m, pellet for up and down long and a margin rig, to go into the spot Andy caught from last week. 

It didn't take long to realise that fishing shallow and long was the way to go, but my back was particularly bad and I gave it 30 minutes having one fish on it, before I had to make a decision to either fish rod and line or short.

It was a tough day, I had one carp and one tench in consecutive put-ins in the margin and that was it from there.  I had 30lb of skimmers on meat and 60lb of carp for 91lb and thanks for coming, not being able to fish long was the downfall (no silvers payout).

Mark Wynne won from 131, Dan squires second from 130, didn't hang around to get the weigh sheet picture.


No comments: