Thursday 3 September 2020

Viaduct Costcutter, Thursday 3rd September 2020

 I'd booked into this match months ago, just to have a look at Viaduct before my two dayer and to sort out the pegging etc.

I wasn't intending to fish for silvers and when Matt drew 112 for me, that was definitely decided, carp would be the target.  With 113 in it does tend to affect the edges of 112, so whilst I set a rig up that would do for both edges, it wasn't with a lot of expectation. 

Usual rigs for the rest of it, pellet up and down, meat short and I also had a paste rig, just to give it a try.  I did set up a waggler and lead, but didn't use either of them, as Campbell is pole only in my match, so didn't see any point in chucking a lead out.

Started on meat short and had a carp and a couple of skimmers, then another carp and that was that, went long on pellet and if I fed I got liners, if I didn't feed, no indications.  Picked up the shallow rig and gave it a good 40 minutes for one more carp.  I tried the paste on a throwaway line off to my left and had two on that before that too died off.

I had one from the LH edge, one from the RH edge and a few more short at the end for 125.15 which was just enough for 3rd.  There was some surprise, as the winner fished a cage feeder to the aerator on 115, its not a method you see often.



No comments: