Saturday 5 December 2020

Open (Knock up) Acorn, Saturday 5th December 2020

 First chance for a match after the 2nd lockdown, I decided to run one at Acorn, only ended up with 8 fishing, so more of a knock up than a match, Bev let me have plenty of space, so going by the usual winter best pegs I pegged 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15, all pegs you'd expect to catch a few from, even with the cold weather.

I ended up on 11, first time I'd seen it since the tree has been taken out, the tree definitely seemed to be a fish holding feature in the winter, so it may not be the flyer it was, we'll have to see.

Set up 3 rigs, one to fish across on the 'second shelf' one for down the track and one down the edge, where the tree used to be.  Started on 18 F1 hooks and 0.10 as I was sure it was going to be fishing for a few bites. 

Started across, toss potted half a dozen maggots in and lowered the rig into position, within 30 seconds the float buried and a decent fish was on, after a slightly nervous tussle, a 9lber was safely in the net, maybe it was going to be OK after all.  Peg 1 had a fish first put in as well.

Well, I'm not going to waste words on the rest of the match, I had a couple more bites, a roach and a perch, I could see everyone else struggling, so kept at it, but I wasn't even getting liners or any sort of indications.

I packed up after the all out and did the weigh in, my first put in fish was enough to win, peg 1 had his two fish in the first couple of put in's and that was the only carp caught.  Brian was a little disappointed to drop a skimmer back in and miss out on a payout because of that (paid top 2).

Chris Fox  9.12 Peg 11
Rich Grundy  7.08 Peg 1
Brian Slipper  7.07 Peg 15
Mark Broomsgrove  4.01 Peg 5


No comments: