Sunday 13 June 2021

Open, Landsend Lake 3, Sunday 13th June 2021

Yesterday should have been the final round of the delayed Acorn winter league, but with the fishery closed for a couple of weeks it was decided to end the league after 5 rounds, leaving me in second place, can't grumble a nice pick up to come and you can't keep rearranging leagues and expecting everyone to be available,

 Back to my love / hate venue today, love the tranquillity of its location on the moors, but my record there isn't the best.... more of a knock up than a match, with 12 fishing.

Travelled down with Tony, had a great breakfast at the venue and wasn't surprised when Tony drew 58 for what seems like the third time running, whilst I had 70, which doesn't often seem feature in the frame.  There is a weedbed off to your right and a spit at 14m in front, bit hemmed in, when I got there and saw the carp spawning in the weedbed, I decided to fish for silvers, which also includes F1's on this venue.  Its had a stocking of F1's and some that look like crucians, so I expected to have a few bites.

Not too much to say, its fished pretty tough, I had to tosspot in groundbait and maggots to get bites, but they weren't exactly going mad, the cap stopped spawning, then they and the ducks were slurping in the weedbed eating it all.....

I tried pellets and other lines, I expected to catch shallow, but the water was very clear - unusually so for a commercial this time of year - I certainly couldn't catch short, never had a bite closer than 11m.

Wasn't sure what weight I had come the end, but knew it wasn't a lot, but it was enough to justify the decision to fish for silvers and pocket the one payout for silvers, Tony won the match so a contented van on the way home.





No comments: