Thursday 29 November 2012

Avon Angling Open, Landsend, Wednesday 28th November 2012

Well after the disaster of getting stuck in the snow a couple of weeks back, I decided that a Nissan X Trail that I'd been looking out for on the web, might as well be my early Xmas pressie to myself, so I found a 2008 model with al the toys and a six speed auto box in Swindon yesterday, deal was done to trade in the Astravan and home the Nissan came. I've ordered a Rhino boot liner, but foe now have to make do with a blanket to keep the back tidy until it comes.

So onto the fishing, peg 3 out of the tin and I'd psyched myself up to fish just the two baits, caster and a line with soft pellet over micro's, it all seemed so simple, a MW diamond for soft pellet at the bottom of the far shelf and a Carpa chimp for caster short and down the middle. I had also, just in case, put a couple of handfuls of 6 and 8mm meat in the bait bag and as I had time, set up a rig that would suit to fish this or corn across.

To cut a long and fairly boring day short, I struggled to catch on any line, even though I tried my normal generous feeding and at a good distance away, fed with such frugality, Mike Nicholls would have approved.
Swapping and changing between the lines saw a few tiny perch and roach grace the net, 3 skimmers and an odd looking pot bellied F1for about 4 or 5lb which was tipped back before the end, as I packed away neatly and tidily, instead of my usual rush and throw it all in the box.

As I walked down the bank, Tom Mangnall, asked how I'd got on, when I told him, he said "peg 3 is the worst on the lake", so it seems the draw hoodoo keeps on going.

For the results see Tony's blog.

1 comment:

Tim Ford said...

Got myself a Rhino boot liner, expensive, but then a couple of valets are the same price so in my opinion its great!