Tuesday 13 November 2012

Plantation Saturday Series 10th November 2012

An opportunity to fill in for an absentee today, so I took it. Plantation has a large head of carp, but also there can be some decent silver weights to be had and that was what I had in mind. with caster maggot and worm in the bait bag. I drew peg 7 which is a decent draw for carp, especially for the method chuckers. As it is a noted carp peg I set up a waggler to fish full depth with banded pellet out to the island, in case the silvers weren't playing.

The silvers rigs consisted of a caster rig to fish short and a rig that would suffice for caster/worm or soft pellet at 13m. I fed some caster and groundbait at 13m on the all in and caster short, leaving it to settle I started on the waggler, without so much as a liner for 20 minutes. A switch to the pole saw an occasional roach and not much else grace the net, but everyone was struggling, the skimmers did not show for me, I had none.

Another look out to the island and the gap in the islands on the waggler produced 2 carp, one foul hooked and another lost, before that went quiet again. The pole lines were very slow with only an occasional roach or minute perch. Back to the waggler and I had a run of fish, but the float and pellet had to land in the bramble fronds to get a bite, this included a chub getting on for 2lb. Two lost floats and a few hooklengths were the price of fishing tight to an untidy island, even clipped up. The last hour reverted to being quiet and that cost me, I suspect that setting up a lead may have resulted in a couple more fish as the wind was awkward.

1) Brian Slipper 57.08 peg 12
2) Andy Hembrow 57.02
3) Rich Lovering 55.04 peg 4
4) Rich Heatly 45.08 peg 26
5) Mark Broomsgrove 43.12 peg 24
6) Chris Fox 42.10 peg 7

Silvers
1) Mark Broomsgrove 28.12 peg 24
2) Paul Nicholls 19.04 peg 33

No comments: