Wednesday 18 February 2015

Viaduct Winter League Round Three. Sunday 15th February 2015

With drawbag Freddo doing the draw for the team today, some good pegs were assured and Fred pulled himself a decent peg, 119, I could not complain about my peg, 86, the others weren't run to pegs, but they should catch, Paul on 57, Nick Merry standing in for Glen on 26 and Mike Walker on a poor draw, 10.

I decided that the only way to stop me getting bored after 1/2 an hour without a bite and fishing for silvers, was to not set up a pole, so 2 pints of prime casters stayed in the bait bag and the pole in the holdall.

There isn't much to write about, I set up two lead rods and two wagglers, only used one of each and only had had bites on the lead rod, 3 of them and 3 liners.  Trust me to draw the peg when the lake fished hard and they didn't ball up there. One on meat, two on bread, one was a solid mirror, not weighed seperately but estimated by Paul Greenwood at 20lb and two of its smaller common cousins for 41.04.

I did try a waggler line with corn and had one dip of the float on that, with nothing to show for it.

I didn't go back to the pub, but I can't believe we were last again, as Fred managed 70lb and I think third in the match from 119, I had good points on Cary and Nick had double figures from 26, Paul and Mike struggled a bit, but given their draws, no surprise.

I do know that sat on the lead, with an occasional look on the waggler, for a whole match isn't really my idea of fun,  I am totally undecided what to do next winter...... Travel for F1 fishing, find silvers only matches, go back to naturals or buy a classic bike and restore it and just fish odd matches.

No comments: