Monday 3 June 2019

Acorn Saturday League, Saturday 1st June 2019

Back to Acorn as a stand in for someone on this league, I was not at all disappointed to dip into the ping pong bag and pull out 11, a decent draw and a decent section peg.  My mild euphoria was to be short lived, the dreaded "come back, redraw" was being shouted, as Kev Perry the last to draw found the bag empty.  I wouldn't expect my drawing arm to perform twice in a month, let alone twice in a day!!  And so it proved, peg 1 was to be my home for the day, not a great peg in the section and it hasn't had much form lately.

I'm not going to run through the blow by blow account, I struggled for bites, it was nearly an hour before I had a fish, the line across, where I'd been round and cleared out a lovely little bay to get in tight, was seemingly devoid of fish, except when there wasn't a pole there.  Remove the pole and an odd fish would rock up, but as there was no competition for feed, it was a long wait for a bite.

The margins were similarly devoid of fish, I had Paul, who had won on Thursday to my right on 34, he was similarly struggling and Kev Perry on 33 was finding it tougher than we were.  I did put some micros in and fished Burt Baits Sweet F1 expanders over them, this brought an odd F1 (or are they Carassios?), some decent roach and skimmers, but it was too slow and the fish weren't a decent stamp.

I ended the day with 48lb and last in section, cloud of dust out of the car park and home for the football, which wasn't much more entertaining... so back to the having no idea of why I couldn't catch.


No comments: