Saturday 8 January 2022

Acorn Winter League R3, Saturday 8th January 2022

 My turn in the 'worst' section this week, no problem as everyone has to fish it twice and there is only section money to fish for, needed a good result this week as my league was already teetering on the edge after the first two rounds.  The weather forecast didn't make pleasant reading, so I was set for a tough day fishing and wind/rain wise, well the weather wasn't as bad as forecast, but the fishing, for me, was another disaster.  Having finished 3rd in 2019/20 and 2nd in 2020/21, I won't be troubling the frame in 2021/22.

Peg 40 was where I fancied before the draw, I was handed 33, not one of the consistent pegs in the section, but I was sure I'd get a few fish from it, even if I had to catch a few silvers.  I did say to Paul on 34 he had the better peg today, as he had the tow going under the bridge, it's not often that isn't an advantage,

A rig to go tight across, but I wasn't confident of catching in the shallowest water, the colour had slightly dropped out, another rig for down the shelf at about 2.5'.  Another rig for against the bridge and a final rig for open water away from the bridge (had to use a separate rig as it was a bit shallower).

Started across with bread, had one tiny dip of the float in 25 minutes, I suspect this was a little roach.  I then toss potted a few maggots in just down the shelf, again nothing, finally I had a look by the bridge, 80 minutes in and duck broken, a small roach.  I then had a carp from the same line, but not the stamp you need.  I ended up with one more carp, a skimmer a tiny perch and a rudd, I doubt I had 12 bites in 5 hours, even setting up another rig to fish pinkies on a 22/0.08, never had a bite on it.

Another match where I have no idea what I could have done differently, or what I would change if I could fish the match again.  Oh well, free draw next round, so I could be in C section again!!




No comments: