Sunday 9 January 2022

Ivy House Winter League 2022 R1, Sunday 9th January 2022

 After yesterday ended my chances in one league, today brought fresh hope as it was the first round of a 5 match league at Ivy House.  Travelled up with Tony, I had been drawn on Heron 1, Tony on Willow, so I was expecting a few bites whilst he sat it out for a few bites and bigger stamp of fish - what do I know about fishing......

Whilst we knew the lakes and rotation we were on, the peg draw was done on the day, peg 7 for me, I don't know the lake so it didn't mean too much to me, but I was advised that its not usually been pegged in opens lately and the last time it was, it hadn't fished well.


The picture shows where you can fish to on the island, with peg 6 being able to get much closer with the pole to the island (6 fishes to the little spit to the right of my x where 7 can cast to).

I started on the pole at 16m, nothing, so tried bread on the bomb, nothing with 8mm punch, so dropped to 6mm punch and had two small carp, nothing else forthcoming so I switched to a small maggot feeder and had one bite on this straight away, briefly felt the fish and then it was gone, next cast a F1 gave me some hope I'd sussed it, sadly not, I tried the pole again, a method feeder, the bomb and bread, maggots, corn and soft pellets, all to no avail, those 4 bites were my only ones, another absolutely disastrous day.  I didn't see the weigh sheet at the end and haven't got a picture, but I will be very close to, if not last in the section.  so a nightmare of a weekend, been a long time since I had two days like that, where I just didn't have a clue what to do and never felt there were fish in the peg.


No comments: