Sunday 23 January 2022

Ivy House Winter League, R2, Sunday 23rd January 2022

 Well, this won't take long to write.

Travelled up with Tony, his turn on Heron, mine on Willow, it was expected that 23 on Willow was the peg to draw, so I drew 20.

Set up two bomb rods, one for bread and the other to chop and change, a waggler and 3 pole rigs, one for carp, one for skimmers and one for roach.

Started on the bread, nothing, I can only sit for so long on the bomb, so had been feeding a roach line at 7 joints and a skimmer line at 14.5m.  Nothing on the roach line, in fact, no need to mention it again, as I never had a touch there whenever I tried it.  I did had a roach and then a decent skimmer at 14.5m , but that tailed off to odd small roach, caster or pinkie, same number of bites, same stamp of fish.

Went back looking for carp towards the end, bread again, waggler and corn, but nothing, ended up with 6lb odd, which was over 5lb more than peg 19 to my left, but nearly 70lb behind peg 23 - another league over....



No comments: