Sunday 30 June 2013

Viaduct Short Pole Match, Sunday 30th June

If you had asked me to bet on which day this weekend I'd have the biggest weight, I would have placed a decent wedge on todays match on Campbell being the one.  I'd have been wrong, today was a real struggle for some, me included.

I drew 132 - typical, can't draw it in a 'normal' match - and thought it should be good for a few fish.  I set up a rig to fish banded pellet, a meat rig, a paste rig and a margin rig.  First put in I had a skimmer, then a carp, that was it then until 13.40, when I had 3 small carp on the pellet at 6m, before another long spell without a bite. The last hour I had a couple of fish on meat, but by now I knew I was a long way behind those catching.  I wasn't alone, Steve Seager, and Roland Lucas on 130 and 131 also struggled, worse than I did, making 3 of us in a row DNW.  I put back about 45lb of carp and 5lb of skimmers.

See Tony's blog for results.

No comments: