Wednesday 11 December 2019

Tony's Open, Todber Manor, Sunday 8th December 2019

Well, this will be short and sweet.  Tony booked Todber to run an open and given the results from the venue lately, I was looking forward to it.  Travelled down with Tony, via the Riverside Cafe, not too bad a breakfast, the day did go downhill from there...

Into the draw bag and 19 came out, it then turns out it was 61.  Didn't mean much to me, on arrival at the peg, it looked OK, a bit of room to the right and a island chuck.

I started on a method to the island, that was slow, a couple of fish in the first half hour, a switch to the pole feeding maggots was not much better and I had two fish on that.  I could see Bela two pegs to my left, chucking a bomb and bred into open water and getting a fish a chuck, Trigger between us was catching and those to the left of Bela were also catching.

The pole line was so dire, I decided to have the rest of the match fishing the method, to try and make it work, try a few tweaks and learn something.  Then a freak storm, with torrential rain and high winds swept through the fishery, I got off my box and put my pole away, seeing some others losing net bags and various other gear into the lake.

I stuck out the method until 30 minutes from the end and then packed up tipping back about 30lb, Tony fared no better, also packing up before the end and not weighing - I can't recall him doing that before!

Well done to Bela, fished the bomb and bread start to finish and won with 160lb+

Xmas match at Todber up next - just hope the draw bag is kind.

No comments: