Saturday 28 December 2019

Viaduct Silvers Pairs, Day Two, Saturday 28th December 2019

Looking for a couple of decent draws for myself and Paul today, his didn't seem to bad, peg 4, mine I wasn't enamoured with, 128 on Campbell, but I still expected to put a few fish together.

Conditions were pretty flat and a little brighter than yesterday so I didn't set up the feeder I'd brought, I did set up two wagglers, one for corn and one for caster, as well as the usual skimmer rigs and a rig to fish to the spit that separates 128 and 129, finally one for caster through the water.

All those plans were pretty much dashed, I did have a couple of 3-4oz hybrids against the spit, but unfortunately they were the biggest fish I hooked all day, roach of less than 1oz being about the only fish I could catch.  Frustratingly, the longer lines didn't give up one single skimmer of any size.

I had to swap about between the waggler and long pole lines to keep those tiny roach coming, there was no bigger fish amongst them, no matter what I tried.

What a huge difference between the two days, from 2nd on the lake to last on the lake, Paul had a bit of a grueller to and we weren't far off last....





No comments: