Sunday 13 February 2022

Ivy House Winter League R3, Sunday 13th February 2022

 Back to Ivy House and back on Heron lake for me, not my favourite lake, but it's full of fish. so hopefully a few bites to be had.  As seems the norm lately, it was forecast to be windy, but I drew peg 15, which did see the wind off my back, allowing me to fish up to the 16m limit if desired.

Two lead rods set up, one for bread, although it was probably a bit too coloured for it, one for a cage feeder, 2 topkits were enough, with the depth being very even all over the peg, so a light rig with strung out shotting and a heavier rig with bulk shot and droppers.

Had a fish first chuck on the bread, but that was it, nothing else on it.  It took ages to get a bite, I finally had one on a topkit + 1 where I'd been feeding maggots, I alternated between 14.5m and the short line fishing maggots to weigh 14.08 which beat the pegs either side, but was no good, same fate for Tony on Kingfisher, so we were soon on our way home.




No comments: