Sunday 27 February 2022

Ivy House Winter League, R4, Sunday 27th February 2022

 Travelled to this one as usual with Tony, over breakfast we did say it's about time the van had someone with a pick-up in it, as we have yet to manage that between us this league.

Tony was on Old Match Lake, myself on Kingfisher, I somehow managed to draw 50, completely the opposite end I wanted.  Ryan Ship on 48 kindly told me 50 was the worst peg on the lake, not sure it is, but it is a bit of a feast or famine peg and with the wind hacking against the end bank (50 is an end peg on a canal lake) I suspected famine today.

Set up to fish at 13m, 7m and down to my RH side just down the near shelf.  fed two lines at 13m, one with GB and maggots, one with micros.  The 7m line had GB and maggots, the short line had casters loose fed.

It took a while to get a bite and it was one of those days where working out a feeding pattern or what the fish wanted was nigh on impossible.  I couldn't get two consecutive bites from any line, I had a couple of carp on the short line on caster, one at 13m on soft pellet, one on corn, a few on maggots, I even started up a couple more lines round the peg, but that didn't help.

The roach and skimmers, if there were many in the peg, didn't want to feed, so it was sit it out for carp, the last 30 minutes was the best of the match, I had 3 carp including one about 4lb right at the end.

Sadly not enough to get that missing pick-up, as I was one out of the money, being 3rd on the lake, as was Tony on his lake, just one round to go for us to ensure we don't get a full house of no pick-ups this league.





No comments: