Monday 25 November 2019

Trinty Waters Open, Sunday 24th November 2019

It was nice to get back to what is one of my favourite venues, don't get down here often enough.  Travelled down with Tony and stopped at new cafe for me, Wooden Spoon in Weston-Super-Mare, very nice too.

Match fishing can be a cruel sport and I fear it dealt me another blow today, I waited for the last peg in the box and was more than happy with peg 7, that would be an end peg and one I was confident of catching a few fish from and with Tony on 9, a nice little head to head.  The dreaded call went up.... redraw, I did the same and took the last in the tub again, this time 16, a peg (and bank) I don't like, its too deep in the edges and whilst I have had some decent results here, I have never troubled the frame from this end bank.  Tony somehow managed to pluck out 9 again.




Peg 16 has plenty of room and options, I am yet to be convinced that too much room is always a good thing, but we'd see.
Waggler set up, just in case they were moving around, 4 topkits, one with a banded B960 16, another rig the same HillBilly Chump with a 18 LWG on 0.14.  A rig for down the edge and another to fish in front of the pallet of peg 15.

It took 30 minutes to get a bite, that was a welcome 8lb common, on maggot, as I'd given hard pellet 20 minutes with no indications. The next couple of hours saw 4 more carp landed and 22lb on the clicker.  I did expect to catch down the edge and for them to have a feed towards the end, but that was before I then went from 13:15 until 15:30 without a bite on any line, at 15:30 I had one last carp, and a couple of skimmers and a decent roach, before the all out at 15:45.

Not much else to write about, as when you cannot get a bite, no matter what you try, it gets a bit wearing trying to consider something to say.

Well when the scales got to me, my 32lb was a about 3lb more than I thought, but it was nowhere near enough to trouble the top 3 who came from pegs 7, 9 & 11, I knew that redraw would cost me, surely my persistently shite drawing must come to an end soon!!

Nice little pick up for the winner, as the golden peg was No11.


No comments: