Saturday 30 November 2019

Acorn Winter League, R2, Saturday 30th November 2019

No rain for this round, but a cold easterly wind, so wasn't expecting great things, drew 34, a couple or more years ago you'd have skipped to this peg, but the bridges aren't dominant like they used to be.  The other disadvantage id the close proximity of 33, it didn't seem to matter when the bridges were the place to draw, they are by far the tightest pegs on the venue and the lack of space may well be a disadvantage.

It is what it is and I did expect to catch from the peg, but I wasn't quite ready for how tough it was, I'm not going to witter on, I didn't catch across and caught 4 skimmers and 3 small carp don the track next to the bridge on dead maggot, I was bloody frozen and was at one time shivering and shaking, struggling to hold the pole still.

I beat the pegs either side, but not 31 and 38, so well done Lewy and Russ, the weights as expected came from the 'house' bank section and I don't think I could have got near the frame if I'd have fished the peg for a week.  Kev made no mistake from peg 5.

Its amazing that a venue with so many fish in switches off so drastically in winter, apart from a handful of pegs - I guess I should have known that when I signed up to the league.

It was interesting to see the pigs come charging over when you went near their pen, obviously looking for food, I hadn't seen them before, not sure if they are pets or future bacon sandwiches.....







No comments: