Sunday 2 May 2021

Jon Darby's Open, Todber Manor, Sunday 2nd May 2021

One of Darby's opens on Todber Hillview, not being a regular visitor the draw of 55 didn't mean too much to me, travelling partner Tony on 54 and Mark Wynne the other side on 57.

I did set up a straight lead, but never picked it up, so the pole was my only approach, I struggled to get a regular run of fish on the pellet in front and meat wasn't much better.  I kept at it and probably took too long to go up the LH margin, where I fed Gb and maggots, that was a mistake, the fish were coming off the bottom and giving me liners, I switched to meat, which I was also feeding short in my RH margin, this was also resulting in liners and missed 'bites'

I opened a can of corn and that seemed to settle things down, catching reasonably steadily, before having a run of fish in the RH edge on my topkit.  Took me too long to sort it out and that cost me a pickup, coming 5th overall and one out of the money, being beaten for the section.



No comments: